Who We Are, What We Do
The Engineered Wood Technology Association (EWTA) is a nonprofit trade association of and for product, equipment and service providers to the North American engineered wood products industry. EWTA is a related organization of APA – The Engineered Wood Association, the leading North American association of structural engineered wood product manufacturers.
To be the leading supplier organization in the engineered wood products industry.
To enhance the competitiveness and growth of the APA and EWTA memberships by:
- Providing resources to the APA members in their continual improvement process.
- Helping to grow the membership base by being ambassadors for APA.
- Representing the interests of the APA/EWTA membership at regional, national and international venues.
- Providing a means by which business relationships within the membership are strengthened
In support of our mission, EWTA connects engineered wood product manufacturers with their suppliers and service providers through networking and information transfer. For example, EWTA sponsors and/or funds market and technical research; manages the annual Info Fair supplier exhibition held in conjunction with the APA annual meeting; sponsors forums, meetings and networking events; and communicates timely and relevant information through its industry trade magazine, The Engineered Wood Journal, the Connections newsletter, website and other communication vehicles.
Governance and Organization
EWTA membership falls under four categories:
- APA member manufacturers (all members of APA are automatically members of EWTA)
As a related organization of APA, EWTA is governed by the APA Board of Trustees. However, management and operational decisions are typically left to an Advisory Committee comprised of APA and supplier company representatives. Day-to-day operations are administered by a Managing Director and support personnel under independent contracts.